Category: About the OCC
Oakville Cycling Club membership is comprised of club dues and Ontario Cycling Association (OCA) Competitive Club membership. Membership is valid for the calendar year and includes all OCC rides and events. If you would like to join us, please follow the instructions below to register online.
Membership is processed on the OCA's online platform, provided by CCN/Interpodia. They charge a service fee of $5.09 (4.50+HST) on top of dues. Total charge with fees is $85.09.
Membership Sign-up/Renewal Process
The registration and payment process is completed online on the CCN Bikes website.
There are two charges that need to be added to your cart when registering:
- Ontario Cycling Association license fee of $46 (if you have already registered with another OCA club or have a race permit you do not have to pay this fee again)
- Oakville Cycling Club annual fee of $34
Once you have successfully completed your registration, your OCA membership card will be emailed to you attached to the confirmation email. Please be sure to hang on to this.
Step-by-Step Registration Guide
Log-in or Register to CCNBikes.com and Select Profile
- If you registered with CCN (Cycle Component Network) previously, such as a previous OCC membership, log-in with your e-mail address and password on the right side. If you are new to CCNbikes.com and/or the OCC, complete the Signup fields on the left.
- If you registered previously, select your existing participant profile from the drop-down list, then select the participant address. Click the Edit buttons if you need to change any information. If you are a new member, create a new participant profile.
Add OCA Membership or License:
- In order to become a member of the Oakville Cycling Club you need a valid license or membership from the Ontario Cycling Association (OCA). In the red box there is a link to purchase your OCA membership. Click that link. Select your member profile, address and citizenship.
- In the ‘Add a Membership or License option’ section, select “Affiliate Club Membership” unless you require a race license. The standard OCC membership requires an OCA Affiliate Club Membership.
- Once you have selected the membership or license, click the Add to Order button. When you click this button, a drop-down list of clubs will appear above. Select “Oakville Cycling Club (Club)” from the list.
- Complete the fields in the ‘OCA - Additional Information’ section, including emergency contact information.
- Click the green ‘Add to Cart’ button.
- On the next screen, click the large green ‘Continue with Registration’ button.
Finish Oakville Cycling Club Registration
- After completing the OCA Membership process, you will be returned to the OCC membership registration page. Verify the Registrant Address is correct, and complete the fields in the ‘Oakville Cycling Club - Additional Member Information’ section (this information is for OCC use as opposed to OCA so you will need to enter emergency contact info again, sorry).
- Click the red ‘Add to Cart’ button.
- Click the red ‘Checkout’ button.
- Read the “Oakville Cycling Club Release, Waiver, and Indemnity Agreement” and enter your full name in the specified field to confirm agreement.
- Click the red ‘I agree to the above’ button.
- Read the “CANADIAN CYCLING ASSOCIATION WAIVER, RELEASE and ASSUMPTION of RISK AGREEMENT” and check off the checkboxes, then enter your full name in the specified field to confirm agreement.
- Click the red ‘I agree to the above’ button.
Review and Pay
- Your cart should show charges for two items: an OCA Affiliate Club or Citizen Permit (as selected) plus Oakville Cycling Club Membership.
- Select the Billing Address and Shipping Address (if different) using the drop-down address aelector.
- Enter credit card information.
- Click the red ‘Complete Transaction’ button
And you're done.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I am not sure if the club is a right fit for me. I would like to try a ride or two first, before deciding to join. Is this possible?
A: No. Due to overwhelming demand for membership in the club, and the overhead of obtaining waivers and filing paperwork with the Ontario Cycling Association, the club executive made a conscious decision that we will not be allowing "Try and Buy" types of rides.
Q: Okay, I'll join. How do I sign up?
A: Click on the "Register Now!" button above and you will be taken to our online provider for registration.
Q: Is online the only way possible to register?
A: Yes. By registering online, you are signing waivers that are filed directly with the OCA. The club does not handle membership registrations directly any more. This allows us to be sure that everyone who has signed up has agreed to, and signed, the waivers.
Q: It looks like I'm being taken to a completely different website when I click on "Register Now!" Is that normal and safe?
A: Yes. Our online provider is called CCN Bikes (Cycle Component Network). They handle the payment processing and waiver submissions for the OCC and the OCA. We have confirmed that CCN bikes uses encryption to handle all payment transactions, so it is as safe as shopping on Amazon or eBay.